Wednesday 23 July 2014

WOYWW 268

This week I thought I would spare you from the full view of my desk for a change and just concentrate on the work that is on it.


I started by scrunching up a book page and applying some gold acrylic paint and some Lumiere paint on Halo pink-gold (my very favourite Lumiere shade.) and then used a script stamp and stamped in gold acrylic. I then ironed it out so that it was flatter for drawing on.




She was painted first in acrylic and watercolour and then on top of that I used oil pastels. I love to use oil pastels to put finishing touches to my mixed media projects but in this piece I used them a lot more on her face and hair than usual and I really like the overall effect. I used a handmade stencil to add the stars in gold and halo pink- gold to finish.

As I have said in the past I only have a cheap set of oil pastels and I would love to invest in some more expensive ones like Sennelier which I hear have a soft and creamy texture. The problem is there are so many things on my must have list. I love using my black charcoal pencil and would love a set of tinted charcoal pencils. Sadly I am on a limited budget when it comes to art materials so I will have to add them to my Christmas list.

Recently, after the sale of one of my mixed media paintings to a blogger friend I was toying with the idea of maybe offering pieces for sale here on my blog or even starting up a separate blog solely for works for sale. I have sold a couple of textile pieces at a couple of local exhibitions in the past but have never offered my mixed media paintings for sale before.

There is an open exhibition at a gallery here in September and I am thinking of exhibiting one of my mixed media pieces there. Maybe I will see how I get on and then make a decision. I am working on it at the moment and hopefully will share it here for Paint Party Friday. 

Well I am off to check out some other desks. Thanks for visiting. x 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the way this turned out. Thanks for your earlier visit, Cindy #38

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast between the soft tones of her face and the background, and her vibrant hair! I have really cheap oil pastels too but I love how vibrant the colours are. Only thing I don't like is that they ruin my markers, so when I use them it's only in the very last stage. Go ahead, try out the exhibition! What have you got to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Love the background for her, it is pretty but doesn't detract from her lovely face. Good luck with your exhibition. Winnie#45

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crinkled effect on her...lovely stars too!
    Why don't you open an etsy shop? So many artists do this...
    No great costs ! Just a minimal payment if you sell something.
    Yes we always want more art supplies -- the same to me!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about her! And I agree with denthe, what have you got yo lose?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely as always, Fuzzie. Thanks for your visit and lol at your comment - chaos is what it is!!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #34

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should exhibit your work! I think there are many people out there that would appreciate your talent. Diane #51

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes a web page or even a facebook art page to sell art pieces from is very doable and free. the trick is to have lots to sell and get friends to share your page and then build up a following. I have a friend who is a master at this way to sell her paintings and prints of her paintings.. check her art facebook page here
    https://www.facebook.com/jamiemorath?ref=stream&fref=nf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work and absolutely Yes, Yes,,, to exhibiting and selling. Your artwork is perfect for that medium. It also looks like you have to be prepared to do a bit of self promoting through facebook, twitter, you tube. But do it because what you create is beautiful. Have I said it enough times??? Check out the comments on my last post as quite a few bloggers made really good suggestions.
    Sandra de @1

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, love how you did the background, too. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is stunning! I love the textural quality and the depth you achieved through the use of mixed media. Happy PPF and Blessings!
    http://arnoldolromero.blogspot.com/2014/07/three-years-blogging-and-counting.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous lady, I'm sure your go at selling will be very successful.
    Happy crafting, Angela x #44

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I think she is so beautiful and the background fits just perfectly :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ps - I meant to say, that I think you will have no trouble selling your art at all and any exhibition will be enhanced by having it there too :o) x

    ReplyDelete