Sunday 27 July 2014

The Face at the Window.

This was painted with someone in mind. She is a lover of cats but I can't say more than that because it is intended as a gift.

The Face at the Window

Materials used, gesso, acrylic, charcoal pencil and watercolour pencils.

In recent posts I have shared what I have called my 'doodle girls'. These have been created on the spare of the moment on any scrap paper lying around on my desk. This time I was experimenting with my oil pastels. 


She is my version of one of Kelly Rae Roberts angels. Her book 'Taking Flight '  in which she shares tips and techniques is one of my books that I return to time and time again for inspiration.

I was pleasantly surprised how she turned out. I think oil pastels are quickly becoming one of my new loves.

Thanks for visiting.x, 



7 comments:

  1. Hello Fuzzie, I think your girl with the cat painting is wonderful and will be such a nice gift for your friend. I was looking through your previous posts and want to say I am loving the faces you are painting. I can see your style in them which is wonderful.

    I did a rendering of that exact same piece by KRR a long time ago when I first was learning to paint. It is a lovely book. There is such an innocence in her art. Yours too I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing --- both pieces!
    Yes K.R.R. with her book is sooo so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that first painting. The contemplative look in her eyes and the cat in the window. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your girls. So much emotion captured with such simplicity. ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'The Face at the Window' is adorable!! The lady is beautiful and the cat so cute. Your friend will be thrilled to receive this. Anyone would be. I think your angel is fabulous. I like my oil pastels too. I look forward to seeing more of your work with them.
    *sigh* , now I'm all caught up with your beautiful art :D Being laptopless is not fun at all. It's still not 100%, and keeps crashing, but it's better than it was. Hooray!! :D Have a great week Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your lovely and supportive comment, Fuzzie. I am feeling a lot better now and hopefully after the angiogram tomorrow, they'll let me home on the following day! I am in the right place and everyone is kindness itself.

    I love your latest drawings and the doodle girl with the little wings is totally adorable!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete