Wednesday 14 May 2014

WOYWW 258

Don't the weeks fly. This is what is on my work desk this week.


This is the beginning of a cover for a new handmade sketch book I am making.


I have used Halo Pink Gold Lumiere paint which doesn't show up at all on these pictures so it looks better in person  than it does here. I have used book paper and some lovely wrapping paper,stamped some circles with a wine cork and acrylic paint and some foliage with black ink.

It needs a lot more work for it to look like the way I envisaged  it. Hopefully some more layers will help to improve it......... watch this space! x

Thanks for visiting. x

12 comments:

  1. Hi
    It's been a while I know, since I last managed to link up but I'm back now and just popping my head round the door to say hello!
    Ooh, I love making journals, your cover looks pretty good from here.
    Thanks for sharing your creative space and I hope you have a good week too.

    Neil #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it already! Please share once it is finished. Happy WOYWW...
    Dawn #54

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks promising! Have fun! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover! Such pretty colors! Happy WOYWW! ~Sandy in Texas #86

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the cover is anything to go by, that book is going to be beautiful! Have a lovely week, Chris # 23 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work so far, I do like the sound of the paint you are using, I have never tried it before and as you know I love a bit of glimmer! Glad you read the paperclay info, I'm not on google + or would have replied personally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great so far, I have used lumiere paint I had the gold and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking beautiful and I love the little birdie peeking out of the cover. Have a lovely week.
    Sandra @52

    ReplyDelete
  9. I first thought it was a box you're painting ... :-) It 's looking great already, and I'm sure you'll get it just the way you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am seeing this backwards. First I saw what you posted in PPF... but I love that you are showing your process. I can just imagine it with the shimmer of the Lumier paint. Thank you for your warm welcome to my first week at WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete