Saturday 3 May 2014

Circles

I am really enjoying taking part in the challenges that I have joined  this year. Anyone who is thinking of taking up one of the many challenges out there in blogland I can recommend it. I feel my art has improved because of them. Not only that but I have made a lot of new blog friends as a result.

Over at Art Journal Journey the theme for this month is Circles.




I did this in my Dylusions Journal and I had the idea of using masking tape to make a smaller elongated painting. I am sure I used my low tack masking tape but when I took it off it took half the page off with it.

For this piece I used acrylics, with a touch of oil pastel. I used moulding paste and a stencil for the square pattern to create some texture.

I want to take this opportunity, once again to thank everyone for your lovely comments. They mean a lot.

Thanks for visiting. x


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, and lovely colors. I especially like how you made the vase. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smashing page and love the mackintosh style flowers. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers in the vase are simply pretty!
    Gorgeous Mixed Media Piece!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey!
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page turned out beautifully.
    Your color palette is amazing for this gorgeous mixed media creation!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant art work. Love the circled flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole composition of the art, the colors make it pop, and the molding paste caught my eye first, that just jumps out at you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice take on the challenge. I like that you have circles in the background as well as the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous piece, Fuzzie! There is something lovely about circles, isn't there. I love the texture you got from the moulding paste and stencil - this is a technique I have yet to try as it's always so effective. Love the colours, too.

    Thanks for your visit and I'm glad you enjoyed my latest effort! Had to be done in a bit of a hurry but I did it in one sitting, more or less. Ryn has designed some more droplets stamps since that one, and I'm sorely tempted!!

    Very sorry indeed to hear that you are still struggling with your thumb, but at least you're getting some treatment now. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Let's hope the treatment is effective, and quickly! Take care of yourself!

    I'm OK - just up and down with the M.E. and there are some days when I can't do anything, but on those days I watch Youtube videos and get inspiration from everybody else lol!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete