Monday 1 April 2013

Hi, I thought I would just share with you a couple of pics of my latest little creation.

I picked up a piece of watercolour paper that was left over when I made my Art Journal 'Hearts and Flowers' and got out some stencils and stamps and this was the result.


This was how it looked at first but I didn't like the heavy circles in  the bottom right hand corner. So I went over them with gesso and before it dried I wiped it off with a baby wipe.


You will notice that it wiped away the little white flowers that you can see in the previous image and now that I look at it again I may add some back in.

This piece measures 6"x10" and folded in half it is a nice size for the cover of a little pocket sketchbook so I think that is what I will use it for.

I want send a big THANK YOU to those of you that have been kind enough to leave such lovely comments. They are very much appreciated.

Bye for now x


3 comments:

  1. That's a nice piece of creativity and I like the white marks in it too. I like your idea for making it into a journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Carol. I love the colours and I like the tip about wiping off gesso before it dries fully. Your flowers are so pretty :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! It has a wonderful Charles Rennie Mackintosh feel to it with those wonderful flowers - and I really like your colour palette. It will make a wonderful journal!

    ReplyDelete