Monday 20 February 2012

Valentines Day Tag

Just in time for the TAG TUESDAY theme 'Valentines Day'. I struggled with this one because I was trying to steer away from hearts as that was the theme for last week. But no matter how hard I tried, hearts and the colour red just summed up Valentines Day for me so I gave in.

I painted the tag with red acrylic paint and covered ith with layers of painted Lutradur. The hearts are made of fabric paper. This was the first time I have made fabric paper and I was'nt sure that it had turned out very well but once I had cut out the heart shapes and edged them with gold acrylic paint, I was pleased with the result.

Thankyou to those of you that have taken the trouble to leave your comments and I'm so pleased to see that I have some followers already.

Working on these tags was the starting block for my blog but in future posts I look forward to sharing other pieces I have worked on including felt making and textile art.

Till next  time. Happy Blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Hello & welcome to my blog, thanks for joining. It's a great place, blogworld.

    You can't really get away from the good old heart, can you? Lovely tags ;)

    ReplyDelete